Friday 9 November 2012

End Table


End Table






This is a 24" square end table or rather four end tables. Each table is progressively smaller and shorter. I call it "Inverted Pyramid" and designed it to experiment with some new equipment. It is made of cedar to keep the cost of an experiment down and has a 1/4" glass top.

         
                                                                                                                                        I photographed the table with the top off in two of the photos to show the pyramid effect more clearly. Cedar is a very soft wood so it's not always practical, especially with four cats in the house. I do like the colour that the cedar heartwood produces when oiled or finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
Before retiring I spent 25 years in the computer industry and another 18 years with my own business as an independent sales rep and a distributor in the cycling industry. I have two grown daughters, two beautiful grandchildren and still live with my first wife. I have always enjoyed woodworking and I have designed and built furniture, both indoor and outdoor. I have done extensive renovations, both interior and landscape. My sister and brother were both graduates of OCA (Ontario College of Art) and my daughter graduated from Sheridan College graphic arts program. I just go with what I learned from osmosis and observation. I enjoy craft beer, Italian food, and ice cream.